- BS, University of Belgrade, 1998
- MS, University of California, Berkeley, 2000
- PhD, University of California, Berkeley, 2006
Prof. Markovic’s research focuses on rapid prototyping and optimization of power limited digital systems, with emphasis on the next generation wireless communication devices. Topics include digital integrated circuits, power/area-efficient VLSI signal processing architectures, optimization methods, and supporting design automation environments.
- Gibson S., Judy J.W., Markovic D., “Technology-aware algorithm design for neural spike detection, feature extraction, and dimensionality reduction,” IEEE Trans Neural Syst Rehabil Eng. 2010 Oct;18(5):469-78. Epub 2010 Jun 3.
- Chandler R.J., Gibson S., Karkare V., Farshchi S., Markovic D., Judy J.W., “A system-level view of optimizing high-channel-count wireless biosignal telemetry,” Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2009;2009:5525-30.
- Gibson S., Judy J.W., Markovic D., “Comparison of spike-sorting algorithms for future hardware implementation,” Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2008;2008:5015-20.
- Farshchi S., Markovic D., Pamarti S., Razavi B., Judy J.W., “Towards neuromote: a single-chip, 100-channel, neural-signal acquisition, processing, and telemetry device,” Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2007;2007:437-40.