- BS, University of Illinois (Navy Pier & Champaign-Urbana), 1959
- MA, Secondary Teaching Certificate, University of California, Los Angeles, 1962
- Ph.D., University of California, Los Angeles, 1969
Bone microcirculation as it relates to bone wound healing, tissue engineering, ischemic osteonecrosis, biocompatibility of bone implants, exercise and external stimulation modalities such as electromagnetic fields, ultrasound, hyperbaric oxygen and bioengineering ethics.
• Fogarty International Fellow, U. Gothenburg, Orthopaedics, 1984
• National Research Council Senior Assoc., U.S. Army Institute of Dental Research, 1990-92
• Young Investigator Award, Portland Bone Symposium, 1997,
- Winet H (2013) “Understanding creationist physicians and engineers as students and collaborators in biomedical engineering” Ethics Biol., Engin., Med. 4: 15-23.
- Interpreting cortical bone adaptation and load history by quantifying osteon morphotypes in circularly polarized light images.
Skedros JG, Mendenhall SD, Kiser CJ, Winet H.
Bone. 2009 Mar;44(3):392-403. Epub 2008 Nov 12.
- Skeletal muscle contractions uncoupled from gravitational loading directly increase cortical bone blood flow rates in vivo.
Caulkins C, Ebramzadeh E, Winet H.
J Orthop Res. 2009 May;27(5):651-6.
- Transport in Haroldfrostland: a metaphor for fluid movement to and through basic multicellular units. Winet H.
J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2006 Nov;88 Suppl 3:10-4. Review. No abstract available.
- Opinions and trends in biomaterials education: report of a 2003 Society for Biomaterials survey.
Karp JM, Friis EA, Dee KC, Winet H.
J Biomed Mater Res A. 2004 Jul 1;70(1):1-9.
- Ingrowth of bone into absorbable bone cement: an in vivo microscopic evaluation.
Herron S, Thordarson DB, Winet H, Luk A, Bao JY.
Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ). 2003 Dec;32(12):581-4.
- Monitoring the degradation process of biopolymers by ultrasonic longitudinal wave pulse-echo technique.
Wu HC, Shen FW, Hong X, Chang WV, Winet H.
Biomaterials. 2003 Oct;24(22):3871-6.
- Ontogenetic and regional morphologic variations in the turkey ulna diaphysis: implications for functional adaptation of cortical bone.
Skedros JG, Hunt KJ, Hughes PE, Winet H. Anat Rec A Discov Mol Cell Evol Biol. 2003 Jul;273(1):609-29.