Department of Radiological Sciences
300 UCLA Medical Plaza, Suite B119
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, Korea University, 2003
- M.S., Electrical Engineering, University of Southern California, 2005
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, University of Southern California, 2008
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Radiology, Stanford University, 2008-2010
Awards and Recognitions
- Distinguished Reviewer, Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, 2013
- Academic Achievement Awards (Ph.D.), USC Office of International Services, 2008
- Outstanding Service Awards, USC Magnetic Resonance Engineering Lab, 2007
- Student Travel Awards, ISMRM Workshop on Advances in High Field MRI, 2007
- 2nd Place Best Poster Award, ISMRM Real Time Workshop, 2006
- Development of fast and more efficient MRI methods and reconstruction algorithms targeting specific clinical and research applications
- Quantitative dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI (DCE-MRI)
- Compressed sensing MRI (CS-MRI)
- Image analysis software developments
- Hargreaves B.A., Saranathan M., Sung K., Daniel B.L. “Accelerated breast MRI with compressed sensing.” Eur J Radiology. 2012 Sep;81 Suppl 1:S54-5.
- Sung K., Daniel B.L., Hargreaves B.A. “Transmit B 1+ field homogeneity and T(1) estimation errors in breast DCE-MRI at 3 tesla.” J Magn Reson Imaging. 2013 Jan 4.
- Sung K. Hargreaves B.A. “High-frequency subband compressed sensing MRI using quadruplet sampling.” Magn Reson Med. 2012 Dec 27.
- Sung K., Daniel B.L., Hargreaves B.A. “Location constrained approximate message passing for compressed sensing MRI.” Magn Reson Med. 2012 Oct 5.
- Worters P.W., Sung K., Stevens K.J., Koch K.M., Hargreaves B.A. “Compressed-sensing multispectral imaging of the postoperative spine.” J Magn Reson Imaging. 2013 Jan;37(1):243-8.
- Sung K., Lee H.L., Hu H.H., Nayak K.S. “Prediction of myocardial signal during CINE balanced SSFP imaging.” MAGMA. 2010 Apr;23(2):85-91.
- Jung H., Sung K., Nayak K.S., Kim E.Y., Ye J.C. “k-t FOCUSS: a general compressed sensing framework for high resolution dynamic MRI.” Magn Reson Med. 2009 Jan;61(1):103-16.
- Sung K. Nayak K.S. “Design and use of tailored hard-pulse trains for uniformed saturation of myocardium at 3 Tesla.” Magn Reson Med. 2008 Oct;60(4):997-1002.
- Sung K., Nayak K.S. “Measurement and characterization of RF nonuniformity over the heart at 3T using body coil transmission.” J Magn Reson Imaging. 2008 Mar;27(3):643-8.
- Sung K., Nayak K.S., “B1+ compensation in 3T cardiac imaging using short 2DRF pulses.” Magn Reson Med. 2008 Mar;59(3):441-6.