Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering
38-137E Eng IV
310-825-0023 | 310-206-2302
- BS, Indian Institute of Technology, 1985
- MS, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1987
- PhD, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1989
Awards and Positions
- Who’s Who in America, 2001
- Young Investigator Award-American Academy of Mechanics, 2000
- Theodore Tromovitch Award from the American College of Mohs Micrographic Surgery, 2000
- Who's Who in Asian Americans, 1994
- Outstanding Young Scientist and Engineer Award from the International Union of Materials Research Societies, 1993
- J.N. Tata Scholarship. Outstanding Engineering Graduates in India, 1985
- S.D. Sethna Scholarship. Best Engineering Graduate of India, 1985
- Institute Silver Medal. Best scholastic performance in Civil Engg. at I.I.T. Bombay, 1985
Expertise in the failure, fracture, and stability of engineering materials/structures composed of polymers, rubbers, glass, ceramics, and newer types of composite materials under pressure, static and dynamic loadings.
- Yoo L., Kim H., Shin A., Gupta V., Demer J.L., "Creep behavior of passive bovine extraocular muscle," J Biomed Biotechnol. 2011;2011:526705. Epub 2011 Nov 2.
- Navarro A., Taylor Z.D., Beenhouwer D., Haake D.A., Gupta V., Grundfest W.S., "Laser induced shockwaves on flexible polymers for treatment of bacterial biofilms," Stud Health Technol Inform. 2011;163:394-6.
- Yoo L., Gupta V., Lee C., Kavehpore P., Demer J.L., "Viscoelastic properties of bovine orbital connective tissue and fat: constitutive models," Biomech Model Mechanobiol. 2011 Dec;10(6):901-14. Epub 2011 Jan 5.
- Taylor Z.D., Navarro A., Kealey C.P., Beenhouwer D., Haake D.A., Grundfest W.S., Gupta V., "Bacterial biofilm disruption using laser generated shockwaves," Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2010;2010:1028-32.
- Yoo L., Kim H., Gupta V., Demer J.L., "Quasilinear viscoelastic behavior of bovine extraocular muscle tissue," Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2009 Aug;50(8):3721-8. Epub 2009 Apr 8.
- Hagerman E., Shim J., Gupta V., Wu B., "Evaluation of laser spallation as a technique for measurement of cell adhesion strength" J Biomed Mater Res A., 2007 Sep 15;82(4):852-60.