Associate Professor In-Residence
Department of Neurosurgery
- BS, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, 1996
- MS, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, 1999,
- PhD, University of California, Los Angeles, 2004
Dr. Hu's research interests include clinical informatics and dynamics for improving diagnosis, treatment, monitoring and management of brain injury and stroke patients. He is Principal Investigator of two Ro1's for modeling dynamics of cerebral blood flow and intracranial pressure and the analysis of biomedical signals including intracranial pressure, cerebral blood flow velocity, arterial blood pressure, and heart rate variability. He is also active in research and development in medical informatics that involve large-scale clinical database, predictive data mining, and clinical decision support.
- Kim S., Bergsneider M., Hu X., "A systematic study of linear dynamic modeling of intracranial pressure dynamics," Physiological Measurement, (Accepted).
- Scalzo F., Xu P., Asgari S., Bergsneider M., Hu X., "Regression Analysis for Peak Designation in Intracranial Pressure Signals," Medical & Biological Engineering Computing (Accepted).
- Hu X., Xu P., Scalzo F., Vespa P., Bergsneider M., "Morphological clustering and analysis of continuous intracranial pressure," IEEE Trans Biomed Eng. 56:696-705.
- Hu X., Subudhi A.W., Xu P., Asgari S., Roach R.C., Bergsneider M., "Inferring cerebrovascular changes from lattencies of systemic and intracranial pulses: a model-based latency subrraction algorithm," J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 29-688-697.
- Xu P., Bergsneider M., Hu X., "Pulse onset detection using neighbor pulse-based signal enhancement." Med Eng Phys, 2090. 31(3): p. 337-345/
- Bergsneider M., Miller C., Vespa P., Hu X., "Surgical management of adult hydrocephalus," Neurogsurgery. 2008;62:2.
- Cattivelli F.S., Sayed A.H., Hu X., Lee D., Vespa P., "Mathematical models of cerebral hemodynamics for detection of vasospasm in major cerebral arteries. Acta Neurochir Suppl. 2008;102:63-69
- Hu X., Xu P., Lee D.J., Paul V., Bergsneider M., "Morphological changes of intracranial pressure pulses are correlated with acute dilation of ventricles," Acta Neurochir Suppl. 2008;102-131-36.
- Hu X., Xu P., :ee D.J., Vespa P., Baldwin K., Bergsneider M., "An algorithm for extracting intracranial pressure latency relative to electrocardiogram R wave," Physiological measurement. 2008;29:459-71.
- Hu X., Miller C., Vespa P., Bergsneider M., "Adaptive computation of approximate entropy and its application in integrative analysis of irregularity of heart rate variability and intracranial pressure signals," Medical engineering & physics. 2008;30:631-39.