Looking for an ambitious and energetic professional to be working with Prof. Aydogan Ozcan and Prof. Dino Di Carlo at UCLA in support of various university research programs, translational projects and business development activities on biomedical imaging, sensing and diagnostics. This unique opportunity combines working in a rapidly evolving and expanding startup-like environment, with an ability to showcase your talents in a variety of professional tasks and assignments. You will also be working on a day-to-day basis with some of the most talented, inspirational and creative young scholars, students and postdocs.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Executive management of existing research programs, including research team management/coordination, interfacing with funding agencies, program managers, agency reporting and related material preparation;
- Development of new programs, grant application formulation and management on the broad area of computational imaging and sensing;
- Management and program development at UCLA, including at the California Nanosystems Institute (CNSI) and a recently awarded NSF ERC (link), among others that Ozcan is leading;
- Leadership in bringing industry sponsored research projects, as well as technology transfer based on managed technology portfolio;
- Perform marketing analysis, and initial business plan development and evaluation for technologies from the managed portfolio;
- Develop budget and infrastructure estimates for the new initiatives;
- Leadership in public outreach and marketing based on the managed research programs;
Desired skills and education level:
- PhD in engineering, CS or related disciplines and/or an MD with a keen interest in technology.
- Practical experience in writing grants to funding agencies, non-profit organizations/foundations and companies or other for-profit organizations.
- Experience in managing large multidisciplinary teams, tracking progress, preparing and presenting reports to funding agencies.
- Experience in performing marketing analysis and business plan development.
- Experience with social media outreach and PR.
- Experience with development of realistic project budget estimates.
- Experience in designing diagrams or illustrations for otherwise complex technology concepts.
- Experience with project management software or other related technology.
If you are interested to learn more, please submit your CV/resume to: or