Standards and Procedures for Graduate Study
Dashew Center (for international students)
Student Fees & Tuition – includes annual fees and TA/GSR fee remissions
Dissertation and Thesis Filing
Residence for Tuition Purposes
UCLA Escort Services
Teaching Assistant (TA) positions are announced via email several weeks before each quarter starts. Please contact the BE graduate advisor for details. Once selected for a TA position, please contact the BE graduate advisor to begin the hiring process.
Students who plan to work as a teaching assistant (TA) at UCLA and are non-US citizens must pass the Test of Oral Proficiency (TOP) before working as a TA in any department at UCLA. All non-citizens are considered international students. This includes permanent residents. However, international students who have earned a bachelor’s degree from a U.S. university are exempt from taking the TOP. If you believe that you should receive an exemption from taking the TOP for any other reason (e.g., native speaker of English), please contact your home departmental Student Affairs Officer/Academic Advisor directly to request an exception from the Graduate Division.
Graduate Student Researcher (GSR) positions are arranged between the student and the professor directly. If a professor has agreed to hire you as a GSR please contact the BE graduate advisor to begin the hiring process.
- Monthly Time Sheet for GSRs (Blank Form)
- 2017 Monthly Pay Schedule – Timesheet Due Dates
- TA & GSR 10 Step Salary Scale
- How to set up your “AT YOUR SERVICE ONLINE” account: Setting up an “At Your Service Online” account allows you access to your monthly paycheck stubs and set up direct deposit. It also allows you to edit your contact information, change your payroll deductions, access your W2s.
- How to set up Payroll Direct Deposit (GSR/TA)
- Academic Apprentice Personnel Manual
- If you are working for the university at 40% or more, you qualify for parking. Please see the BE graduate advisor for paperwork.
- DCP (Defined Contribution Plan) withholding in lieu of Social Security
- Tax Information for UCLA Fellowship Recipients
- Initial GLACIER Information Form (for international students)
- General Information About Tax Treaties
- Create your UCLA Bruin-On-Line Email Account Go to this link to create your UCLA BOL email account
- Create your new SEASNET Account
Signing up for a SEASNET account will allow you to use HSSEAS’ computing facilities in it’s computer labs – also provides printing services.
- How to obtain your Bruin Card
Go to this link to obtain your UCLA Bruin Card which is mandatory.
- Set up your Bruin Direct Deposit (Fellowship)
Go to this link to sign up for Bruin Direct Deposit. Bruin Direct Deposit allows UCLA to deposit funds from student loans, grants, and fellowships, directly into your bank account. This fund transfer feature speeds up the receipt of funds by one to two weeks so it’s highly recommended for everyone to do.