His laboratory research centers on the development of novel
pediatric stents and other devices made from nano-synthesized “smart”
materials such as thin film nitinol. Dr. Levi is been the recipient of grants
from the National Institue of Health (NIH), National Science Foundation (NSF),
the American Heart Association (AHA), the Paige Foundation and multiple other
foundations and agencies. He has over 100 publications and abstracts – some
select publications from Dr Levi’s laboratory are listed below. Dr Levi is also
very active in philanthropy work as well. He is on the board of Camp DelCorazon and Hearts With
Hope. He goes to Peru
once or twice a year to perform procedures on children with congenital heart
disease and he also volunteers as “camp doctor” at Camp del Corazon.
- Chun Y., Levi D.S., Mohanchandra K.P., Vinuela F., Carman G.P., “Hemocompatible Surface Treatment for Application in Thin film NiTi Devices,” Thin Solid Films. In press.
- Chun Y., Levi D.S., Mohanchandra K.P., Carman G.P., “Micro-Patterning of Thin Film Nitinol Endovascular Stent Grafts,” Materials Science and Engineering. In press.
- Stepan L.L., Levi D.S., Carman G.P., “A Thin Film Nitinol Heart Valve,” Proceedings of the 2004 ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress 2004. ASME-IMECE 2004-60850.
- Hamzeh R.K., Danon S., Shah S., Levi D.S., Moore J.W., “Wire-target technique for precise vascular access,” Texas Heart Inst Journal. 2009;36(4):321-26.
- Amin P., Levi D.S., Likes M., Laks H., “Pulmonary Atresia with Intact Ventricular Septum Causing Severe Left Ventricular Outflow Tract Obstruction,” Pediatric Cardiology. 2009;30(6):851-54.
- Chun Y.J., Levi D.S., Mohanchandra K.P., Carman G.P., “Hemocompatible Surface Treatments for Thin Film NiTi Biomedical Applications,” Material Science and Engineering C. 2009.
- Aboulhosn J., Levi D.S., Sopher M., Johnson A., Child J.S., Laks H., “Perventricular Closure of a Large Ventirucal Septal Defect in Congenitally Corrected Transposition of the Great Arteries,” Congential Heart Disease. 2009.
- Buchbinder D., Levi D.S., Ikeda A., Shannon K., Moore T., “Inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia Following Hematopoetic Stem Cell Transplant,” Journal of Pediatric Hematology Oncology. 2009.
- Levi D.S., Peterson N., Shah S., Rakholia B., Haught A., Carman G.C., “Connecting Multiple Low Flow Infusions in the Newborn: Problems and Possible Solutions,” Pediatric Critical Care Medicine. 2009.
- Mohan U., Danon S., Levi D.S., Connolly D., Moore J.W., “Stent Implantation for Coarctation of the Aorta in Children less than 30 Kg.,” Journal of ther American College of Cardiology (JACC). 2009.