Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Department of Bioengineering
37-146 Engineering IV
| UCLA Bionics Lab
- Ph.D., Tel-Aviv University, 1997
- Human centered robotics
- Medical Robotics (surgery and rehabilitation)
- Wearable robotics (exoskeleton)
- Haptics and virtual reality
- Neuromuscular control
- Human-machine interfaces
- Jacob Rosen, Blake Hannaford, Richard M. Satava (Editors), Surgical Robotics, Systems, Applications, and Visions, Springer; 1st Edition. (2011), ISBN-13: 978-1441911254
- Dejan Milutinovic, Jacob Rosen (Editors), Redundancy in Robot Manipulators and Multi-robot systems, Springer; 1st Edition. (2013), ISBN: 978-3-642-33970-7.
- Jacob Rosen, Surgical Robotics – Chapter 5, In “Medical Devices : Surgical and Imaging-Guided Technologies” edited by Martin Culjat, Rahul Singh, and Hua Lee, John Wiley & Sons 2013 pp. 63-97, ISBN: 978-0-470-54918-6.
- Matt Simkins, Aimen Al-Refai, and Jacob Rosen, Upper Limb Joint Space Modeling of Stroke Induced Synergies Using Isolated And Voluntary Arm Perturbations, IEEE Transactions on Neural System and Rehabilitation
Engineering – pp. 491-500, Vol. 22, No.3, May 2014.
- Maysarah Abuhamdia, Jacob Rosen, Constant Visual and Haptic Time Delays in Teleoperation – Quantifying the Human Operator Performance, Presence: Teleoperation and Virtual Environments – pp. 271-290, Vol. 22, No. 4 – Fall 2013.
- Hyunchul Kim, Levi Makaio Miller, Irina Fedulow, Gary M. Abrams, Nancy Byl and Jacob Rosen, Kinematic Data Analysis for Post Stroke Patients Following Bilateral Versus Unilateral Rehabilitation with an Upper Limb Wearable Robotic System, IEEE Transactions on Neural System and Rehabilitation Engineering – Vol. 21, No. pp. 153-164, March 2013.
- Jacob Rosen, Mitchell Lum, Mika Sinanan, and Blake Hannaford, Raven: Developing a Surgical Robot from a Concept to a Transatlantic Teleoperation Experiment, Chapter 8 in Surgical Robotics, Systems, Applications, and Visions, Jacob Rosen, Blake Hannaford, Richard M. Satava (Editors), 1 ed. Springer 2011.
- Rosen Jacob, Jeffrey D. Brown, Smita De, Mika N. Sinanan Blake Hannaford, Biomechanical Properties of Abdominal Organs In Vivo and Postmortem Under Compression Loads, ASME Journal of Biomedical Engineering, Vol. 130, Issue 2, April 2008.
- Rosen Jacob, Blake Hannaford, Doc at a Distance, IEEE Spectrum, pp. 34-38, October, 2006.
- Rosen Jacob, Jeffrey D. Brown, Lily Chang, Mika N. Sinanan Blake Hannaford, Generalized Approach for Modeling Minimally Invasive Surgery as a Stochastic Process Using a Discrete Markov Model, IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering Vol. 53, No. 3, March 2006, pp. 399 – 413.