Student Services

Important Websites 

Graduate Forms
Academic Calendars
Standards and Procedures for Graduate Study
Dashew Center (for international students)
Student Fees & Tuition – includes annual fees and TA/GSR fee remissions
Dissertation and Thesis Filing
Residence for Tuition Purposes
UCLA Escort Services
Campus Directory


Teaching Assistant (TA) positions are announced via email several weeks before each quarter starts. Please contact the BE graduate advisor for details. Once selected for a TA position, please contact the BE graduate advisor to begin the hiring process.

Students who plan to work as a teaching assistant (TA) at UCLA and are non-US citizens must pass the Test of Oral Proficiency (TOP) before working as a TA in any department at UCLA. All non-citizens are considered international students. This includes permanent residents. However, international students who have earned a bachelor’s degree from a U.S. university are exempt from taking the TOP. If you believe that you should receive an exemption from taking the TOP for any other reason (e.g., native speaker of English), please contact your home departmental Student Affairs Officer/Academic Advisor directly to request an exception from the Graduate Division.
Graduate Student Researcher (GSR) positions are arranged between the student and the professor directly. If a professor has agreed to hire you as a GSR please contact the BE graduate advisor to begin the hiring process.

Helpful Websites: