- BS, Zhejian University, Hangzhou, China, 1996
- MS, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China, 1999
- PhD, Purdue University, 2002
- Internship, UCLA School of Medicine, 1987-88
- Zhang, Z. (2011). Restraining mechanisms in regulating glottal closure during phonation, J. Acoust. Soc. Am., 130, 4010-4019.
- Mendelsohn, A., Zhang, Z. (2011). Phonation threshold pressure and onset frequency in a two-layer physical model of the vocal folds, J. Acoust. Soc. Am., 130, 2961-2968.]
- Zhang, Z. (2011). On the difference between negative damping and eigenmode synchronization as two phonation onset mechanisms, J. Acoust. Soc. Am., 129(4), 2163-2167.
- Chhetri, D.K., Zhang, Z., Neubauer, J. (2011). Measurement of Young’s modulus of vocal folds by indentation, Journal of Voice, 25(1), 1-7.
- Zhang, Z., Neubauer, J. (2010). On the acoustical relevance of supraglottal flow structures to low-frequency voice production, J. Acoust. Soc. Am., 128(6), EL378-EL383.
- Zhang, Z. (2010). Vibration in a self-oscillating vocal fold model with left-right asymmetry in body-layer stiffness, J. Acoust. Soc. Am., 128(5), EL279-EL285.
- Zhang, Z. (2010). Dependence of phonation threshold pressure and frequency on vocal fold geometry and biomechanics, J. Acoust. Soc. Am., 127(4), 2554-2562.
- Long, J.L., Neubauer, J., Zhang, Z., Zuk, P., Berke, G.S., Chhetri, D.K. (2010). Functional testing of a tissue-engineered vocal fold cover replacement, Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, 142, 438-440.
- Zhang, Z., Neubauer, J., Berry, D.A. (2009). Influence of vocal fold stiffness and acoustic loading on flow-induced vibration of a single-layer vocal fold model, Journal of Sound and Vibration, 322, 299-313.
- Zhang, Z. (2009). Characteristics of phonation onset in a two-layer vocal fold model, J. Acoust. Soc. Am., 125(2), 1091-1102.